Environmental consciousness has been building in the public consciousness for decades now and it has begun to affect practically every industry in a major way. Interior design is no exception and these days, a lot of homeowners and builders are going for the whole eco-friendly approach.
To this end, aluminium has been considered one of the most useful materials to work with aside from other, more organic alternatives. The biggest reason for this is the versatility of aluminium, as reliable aluminium product suppliers can attest to.
There are so many things that it can be made out of that would fit numerous styles and themes. As far as interior decoration is concerned, there couldn’t be an easier material to work with than aluminium.
Using Aluminium for Interior Design
Aluminium or aluminium services are not at all new to the whole interior design scene or the design scene, in general. In fact, it’s one of the most popular options for creating works of art that could then be used as part of a building, to create furniture, or produce all kinds of unique knick knacks.
Thanks to the adaptable nature of aluminium, it can pretty much do whatever the designers want it to do. From thin, delicate sculptures to large, boxy walls, this material can easily oblige. You can see this for yourself when looking for fabricated aluminium suppliers in Perth.
This isn’t even mentioning some of the most advantageous properties of aluminium, namely:
- Corrosion resistance – aluminium can go a long way towards maintaining the look of any interior for long periods of time thanks to the fact that they don’t corrode easily. This is particularly true for aluminium products that have been given the right treatment.
- Affordability – there is simply no denying that aluminium is easy to purchase and is incredibly accessible in practically any form. When paired with its potential for artistic expression, this makes aluminium perfect for designers.
- Lightweight – when dealing with anything that can add to the stress that any building deals with, weight is a major point of contention. That’s why aluminium is used for so many things that can be attached to architectural marvels. Walls are less likely to fall apart.
- Durability – regardless of what most people might come to associate the material with, aluminium is not actually that fragile or soft. In fact, it can be incredibly durable with the right thickness, design, and treatment.
- Eco-friendliness – unlike plastic, which pollutes pretty much everywhere or wood, which involves cutting down trees, aluminium is comparatively eco-friendly. They are non-toxic and are much easier to repurpose.
- Recyclability – there are very few materials in the world that are as easy or as useful to recycle as aluminium. This then makes waste less of an issue.
So, with those properties in mind, what exactly can aluminium be used for in interior design?
What Can Aluminium Be Used For?
As already mentioned, aluminium is quite versatile and forgiving. This makes shaping and fabricating them much easier than many of its counterparts in terms of interior design work. You can really make anything out of it, with the following being just a few examples:
- Furniture – first and the most obvious things that can be made out of aluminium and used for interior decoration would be furniture. Everything from chairs, tables, benches, and so on. All you really need is to find good fabricated aluminium suppliers in Perth.
- Lighting – everything from lamps to lighting fixtures can be made out of aluminium. The sheen and futuristic vibe they give off really jive with many modern home designs. The same goes for business locations and offices.
- Support – while aluminium is not typically used as the primary support structure of large buildings, they can be used to prop up lighting constructs. Depending on the situation, the resulting struts might even be aesthetically pleasing as well as functional.
- Wall decor – signs, decorative wall covers, large bookshelves, and pretty much anything that designers can think of to make bland plaster or wood look interesting are possible with aluminium. Private residences can certainly make use of this particular quality of the material, but more often than not, places of businesses are more likely to do so.
- Kitchen conters and cabinets – whether it’s a home kitchen, restaurant, cafeteria, or whatever else, aluminium is the top choice for making sanitary kitchen tables, counters, and cabinets. The material offers maximum protection for health purposes while also potentially oozing cleanliness.
- Bathroom amenities – aluminium is no stranger to being used to produce bathroom utilities like faucets, shower heads, pipes, and so on. When applied professionally, they can produce a look that comes off as both utilitarian and fashionable.
At the end of the day, those are just the most common but certainly not the only uses aluminium could have for interior design projects. A quick search online can bring up aluminium sculptures that can also act as resting areas, ceiling struts, or signages that contain either frivolous or useful information.
Then there is the fact that it checks off many of the boxes in terms of environmental concerns, you really have to wonder why more buildings don’t make use of aluminium. Granted, there are still limitations that come with using the material. However, they can be easily overcome with the right approach.
Plus, by using something like recycled aluminium for interior design, it really brings home the point of a private residence or a business’ commitment to sustainability. Fabricated aluminium suppliers in Perth already know this.
So, there you have it. Those are the reasons why aluminium services would be the best and most obvious choice for any interior design project that emphasises sustainability and eco-friendliness. The material is recyclable, durable, non-toxic, versatile, and accessible.
It’s practically made for most modern home designs that don’t rely on plastic or other more expensive metals. All you really need are reliable aluminium product suppliers.